- In JDP
- Hits: 18777
The Pro-Crick Junior Development League
- To give young cricketers the opportunity to develop their skills under game time pressure without the fear of failure .
- To give each participant a fair opportunity with bat and ball.
- To mentor youngsters during game time and guide them to make the correct decisions in certain match situations.
- To give constructive feedback after each player has executed a certain skill. ( “In the action” coaching)
- Give players the confidence to play cricket with freedom.
- To create an environment where parents can support the development of their kids without having to deal with the stress of managing disappointment.
- Flexible format.
- Majority of the matches will be scenario based.
- Competitive cricket matches will also form part of the program.
We cater for the following age groups:
- U/8 & U/9
- U/10 & U/11
- Entries are limited to 48 players per combined group.
Aim > To find a balance between developing skill and playing to win!!
Benefits of the league
- We control the league structure.
- We can be flexible and use initiative .
- Players will bat and they will bowl.
- “In the action coaching “ will have a better impact .
- Parents can plan their days activities.
- Players will be exposed to , and experience different conditions and different formats.
- Entries open on 1 September each year, and will close when we reach 48 entries per combined group.
- Majority of the games will take place on Saturday mornings.
- ONLINE Application forms will be available on 1 September 2016.