JNR Club Information
Junior Club Cricket 2019
Pro Crick’s focus is on CREATING EXCELLENCE!
Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer – Rick Pitino
Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better– Pat Riley
It is only through raising expectations and striving for excellence that our children can reach their full potential.
Thanks to dedicated coaches, commitment from the boys and support from parents our junior teams did really well last season.
Excellent firms don’t believe in excellence – only is constant improvement and constant change – Tom Peters
With this in mind, we have decided to add more structure to our Junior Club program and will implement the following:
Teams participating in the Northerns Junior League
- U13 Platinum – U13 Gold – U13 Silver
- U11 Platinum 1 – U11 Platinum2 – U11 Silver
- U9 Platinum 1 – U9 Platinum 2 – U11 Silver
Team selection and structure
Selection of the teams:
- We will send out an open invitation for kids to attend our trials
- U8 and U9 will combine to form U9 teams
- U10 and U11 will combine to form U11 teams
- U12 and U13 will combine to form U13 teams
- Our teams will be selected after two rounds of trials.
- The teams will be selected based on the balance of the team and skill level of the player.
Limitation on players per age group:
- The Platinum teams will consist of 13 players per team.
- Our Gold and Silver teams will consist of 14 players per team.
- Our teams previously consisted of 18 players per team.
- The reduced numbers will ensure more quality opportunity but will also require selected players to commit to availability.
Coaching and management of selected teams:
- All the teams will have a dedicated coach for the season.
- It will be the coach’s responsibility to facilitate practice sessions and matches.
- We will have a competitive approach to the league.
- Our fee for the 2019 / 2020 season will be R1800 per player.
- This will include administrative duties, affiliation fees, match balls, preparation and maintenance of pitches, practice sessions and matches.
- R900 will be payable on selection ( end of August)
- Two payments of R450 thereafter / first one end of September / final R450 end of October